The City operates a variety of programs to assist community and economic development (based on funding ability and other criteria), including:
- The City of Yakima has been designated as a Renewal Community by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This program provides employment and capital investment credits and deductions for investment in designated areas of the City. (more detail)
- Washington State Community Empowerment Zone Program: Eligible businesses receive employee and sales tax deferrals through the State Department of Revenue. Must be located within designated area of the City.
- Supporting Investment in Economic Development (SIED) Fund: A grant/loan program for installation of public infrastructure to qualifying economic development projects.
- Industrial Revenue bonds: A tax-exempt nonrecourse revenue bond of Yakima County Public Corporation for construction and equipment for industrial development facilities.
- Section 108 Loan: A federal loan guarantee program for qualifying economic development activities. (more detail)
- Minority and Women Business Enterprise Loans: A loan program for small business ($25,000 maximum) handled through Rural Community Development Resources, using federal funds. Call 453-5133 for information.