East-West Corridor Project
The purpose of the East-West Corridor Project is to reduce congestion and connect the growing neighborhood of Terrace Heights to the City of Yakima:
- Provide an alternative Yakima River crossing for east-west travel between the City of Yakima and Terrace Heights.
- Increase mobility, by decreasing travel delay, and relieving traffic congestion at the I-82/Yakima Avenue Interchange and on Terrace Heights Drive and Yakima Avenue.
- Construct the local road corridor which would allow for the consideration of construction of the recommended alternative for an interchange with I-82 identified in the WSDOT I-82/Yakima Avenue/Terrace Heights Drive IJR.
- Provide bicycle and pedestrian facilities including a connection to the Yakima Greenway Trail.
- Serve the existing approved transportation and land use planning along the roadway corridor as documented in the Yakima Valley Conference of Governments (YVCOG) 2020-2045 Metropolitan and Regional Transportation Plan.
Although this is a cooperative project, Yakima County is the lead agency in receiving comments and organizing the documentation for the East-West Corridor Project.
For more information visit http://cityofyakima-terraceheights.org/