The Yakima Health District (YHD) continues to monitor COVID-19 disease activity throughout the county closely. YHD provides daily COVID-19 updates for Yakima County on its website.
YHD is offering guidelines to help everyone celebrate safely during the Thanksgiving holiday.
Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine eligibility has been expanded to children ages 5-11, and YHD mobile clinics are offering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines to anyone 5 years and older. Youth under 18 years of age need parent or guardian consent to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Current Public Health Recommendations
- Get vaccinated for COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- Wear a mask when in public indoor settings.
- Wear a mask when in crowded outdoor settings.
- Wash hands frequently and sanitize surfaces frequently.
- Practice social distancing.
- If an individual from a household gets infected with COVID-19, it is critical that the individual isolates at home away from all other household members. Recent information from the Yakima Health District’s case investigation team shows that many recent cases are a result of one individual infecting their entire households with COVID-19.
Updates on COVID-19 and other health-related topics are also available on YHD’s Facebook page.