Public Facilities

This program provides funds to assist City departments on eligible projects. Such projects are addition or replacement of capital items, particularly in essential services areas. Project must benefit low and moderate-income residents and include, but are not limited to, acquisition, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or installation of public facilities and improvements.

Tenant/Landlord Counseling

This program provides assistance to either tenants or landlords in their disputes. Printed material is available at 112 South 8th Street or one can call 575-6101 to discuss whatever situation in tenant/landlord dealings. The personnel cannot give legal advice but can explain steps to help reach agreement or supply phone number for further help.

Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO)

A Community Housing Development Organization is a private nonprofit, community-based organization that has obtained or intends to obtain staff with the capacity to develop affordable housing for the community it serves.

Lot Acquisition Program

This program provides funds to purchase lots for future HOME Program eligible projects in conjunction with Qualifies CHDO’s. Lots must be in the City of Yakima. To be eligible:

  • Lots must be residential zone or rezoned.
  • Lots must be vacant or have substandard dwellings.
  • Development must start within 12 months of purchase.
  • Land may be acres and subdivided into lots.