Yakima Planning Commission (YPC) Information and Meetings
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Yakima Planning Commission is scheduled for April 24, 2019, beginning at 3:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers.
City of Yakima Planning Commission – Established by Ordinance 2010-022, current ordinance can be viewed here.
|Members||Year Appointed||Term Expiration|
|Bill Cook||2014 reappointed||06/30/2020|
|Jacob Liddicoat (Vice-Chair)||2017||06/30/2020|
|Patricia Byers (Chair)||2014 reappointed||06/30/2022|
|Al Rose||2016 reappointed||06/30/2022|
Staff Contact: Joseph Calhoun, Planning Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Council Liaison: Jason White (District 2)
Meetings: 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers
Members: 7 members; 4-year terms. Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by City Council.
Residency requirements: No person shall hold the office of member of the city planning commission unless that person is either (1) a resident of the city of Yakima, or (2) an owner of a business or of real property that is located within the city of Yakima.
Term limitations: Two
Currently there are no vacancies on the Yakima Planning Commission. In the future, anyone interested in applying for this commission when there is a vacancy can download an application from https://www.yakimawa.gov/council/boards-commissions/ – or can pick up an application at the City Clerk’s office at Yakima City Hall. Please visit the City of Yakima Boards and Commissions for more information.
What is the role of the Planning Commission?
In accordance with Yakima Municipal Code Chapter 1.42.030, the Planning Commission is tasked with the following duties:
- Serve as the long-range planning body for the city of Yakima;
- Monitor the growth and development of the city and continually reevaluate and recommend to the city council revisions to the comprehensive plan and zoning ordinance for the city;
- Develop and recommend to the city council a subdivision ordinance for the city and revisions thereto;
- Investigate and make recommendations on other land use matters as may be requested by the city council or on its own initiative;
- Study and report on all proposed text changes to land use ordinances;
- Advise the city council on land use matters;
- Monitor the hearings of the hearing examiner in order to remain informed on development activities, public concerns and the decisions of the hearing examiner;
- Such other planning functions as authorized or required by law or ordinance or as requested or assigned by the city council.
Want to view a recent Planning Commission meeting? Visit the Yakima Public Affairs Channel.