Our office hours have changed slightly. We will now open at 9:00am on Wednesdays, but we will continue to open at 8:00am Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Visit our Business License page for City of Yakima licensing information
Visit our Permits page for your City of Yakima permit needs
Visit our Code Compliance page to find out more about the kind of neighborhood nuisances that our office addresses, and how to report a violation
Online Permit Center
Obtain a re-roof permit, obtain a select number of Plumbing or Mechanical permits, view reports, schedule an inspection, or renew a business license online!
Visit our Online Permit Center
Current Valuation for Projects Under Construction as of April 25, 2013:
Mission Statement – Code Administration Division
The mission of the Code Administration Division is to provide exceptional service to the citizens of the City of Yakima relating to building construction, fire and life safety and land issues.
Our goals for the accomplishment of this mission are as follows:
- Provide customer service in a timely, courteous and efficient manner.
- Inform the public of various code requirements, by coordinating our efforts with other departments and divisions to insure prompt, accurate and consistent standards are met.
- Enforce all laws, rules and regulation relative to zoning, housing ,building, mechanical, plumbing, sign, fire prevention, life safety, construction codes and ordinances.
- Provide staff assistance and counsel to the Board of Appeals
- Perform other duties as may be directed by law and/or the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- To compile and maintain statistical information as they relate to City Licenses and Permits issued.
- To maintain and continue the technical and professional skills our staff has.
- To insure that the information relayed to the public is accurate and consistent with the codes administered within Washington State.