“We’re Here to Help”
Our Mission is to assist in developing a viable community by providing decent, affordable housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities, principally for persons of low and moderate income.
Our goals to accomplish this mission are as follows:
- Provide customer service in a timely, courteous and efficient manner.
- Inform the public of various programs available to meet their needs by coordinating our efforts with other departments and divisions.
- Provide staff assistance and counsel to our bilingual community.
- Assist in the development of opportunities for first time homeownership, by providing technical assistance and/or partnering non-profit agencies in the creation of new, affordable homes or the rehabilitation of existing houses.
- Assist eligible homeowners in the maintenance and rehabilitation of their homes by providing inspections, reasonable designs, cost estimates and detailed specifications for each project.
- Administer the bid process, assist in the selection of qualified contractors and prepare construction documents.
- Monitor construction progress and be the liaison between the homeowner and contractor.
- Provide counsel/printed documents in tenant/landlord problems with referrals as needed.
- Determine level of environmental review as required by CFR 24 58 per activity.
- Provide support for various committees in expanding economic opportunities in the City of Yakima.
- Work with both title companies and lenders and the homebuyers on various loan programs, determine affordability, and submit loan packages, with continuous maintenance of documents.