City of Yakima 2024 Annual Action Plan
The 2024 Annual Action Plan is the City’s application to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funds. The Annual Action Plan explains how the City will use the funds from HUD in the City Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 to address Yakima’s housing and community development needs. Programs proposed in the 2024 Annual Action Plan are guided by the Priority Needs in the FY 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan. The activities included in the 2024 Annual Action Plan include these goals:
- Single Family Rehabilitation Program – Supports the preservation of the existing affordable house ownership by substantial rehabilitation of existing owner-occupied family units for low to moderate income families.
- First Time Homeownership Program – Provides direct financial assistance to qualified first-time home buyers in the City of Yakima, thus expanding affordable homeownership opportunities.
- Community Housing Development Organizations – Assisting a certified Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) to develop affordable housing for qualified First Time Homeowners.
- New Construction – To increase the affordable housing opportunities in the City of Yakima, funding may include, but not limited to, homeowners and rental units, rehabilitation of housing stock and CHDO activities.
- Public Service – funds may be used to support direct services to individuals and families including, but not limited to, emergency food assistance, health and dental care, housing counseling, workforce development, supportive housing for special needs populations, and other programs.
- Public Facilities and Infrastructure – To improve the qualify of life and safety of the low-and moderate-income residents in the City of Yakima, funds may be used to support construction or rehabilitation of public facilities, public infrastructure, parks and playgrounds.
- Code Compliance – To improve the physical environment of designated areas in the City, assistance may be provided to ensure local ordinances regarding health, safety, housing or building codes and other standards are ensured, as well as limited assistance in repairs.
Request for Comments
Two public hearings will be held by the Yakima City Council on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 and Tuesday, December 5, 2023. City council public meetings start at 6:00 PM in City Hall at 129 North 2nd Street, Yakima WA 98901. The public may comment in writing on the 2024 Annual Action Plan between November 20 and December 19, 2023. Please submit written comments no later than 5:00 PM on December 19, 2023 via email to Rosylen Oglesby at email@example.com and/or Joan Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copies of the Annual Action Plan and the summaries are available at the City Clerk’s office at Yakima City Hall (129 N 2nd St, Yakima, WA 98901) and the Office of Neighborhood Development Services (112 S 8th St, Yakima WA 98901). Translated copies of the Annual Action Plan are available upon request.