Recent Issues in Planning
- Modified Phase 1 Restaurant Guidelines
- Development of Housing Action Plan
- Shoreline Master Program Update
- 2020 Comprehensive Plan Amendments (CPAs)
- Report of Current Applications Under Review
- Public Hearing Notices
- Online Permit Center – search for application details and public notices
Question of the Moment
Can I have a well on my property?
Lot Size Requirements. The Yakima Municipal Code imposes lot size requirements that must be met in order to have a well (individual water system). See the table in YMC 15.05.030(C) for these requirements.
Yakima Health District. If your lot does in fact meet the requirements in the table, you will need to contact the Yakima County Health District, who ultimately makes the decision. The Health District may determine that a larger area is necessary for the safe installation of approved water supply.
Yakima County Health District: (509) 575-4040
You may also find the resources on the Yakima County Health District’s website to be helpful in regards to wells: http://www.yakimacounty.us/340/Drinking-Water