Submitting a Pre-Application DST Meeting Request
Prior to submitting a formal land use application and paying the application fee, the applicant may request a conference with the City’s Development Services Team (DST) which is comprised of representatives from City departments, State agencies, and private utility companies. This conference is to review the proposed action, to become familiar with the policies, plans and development requirements of the Yakima Urban Growth Area and to coordinate all necessary permits and procedures. These requests are referred to as Pre-Application meetings; the first meeting is free of charge and must be applied for online through our public portal. The public portal can be accessed at: www.buildingyakima.com
- Create an account on the public portal, or sign-in if you have an existing portal account
- Then go to Applications and select Apply Online.
- Select “Planning” as the application category and “Planning – Pre-Application DST Meeting” as the application type.
- Complete the steps in the permitting wizard and provide a detailed explanation of your project description when you are instructed to do so.
- Once you have successfully submitted your application, please upload a site plan for your proposal. To upload your site plan, scroll down to the Submittals section. Navigate to the “General Site Plan” submittal item. On the far right of that line, select “0 Files”. This is where you will upload your site plan. Your request cannot be scheduled for a DST meeting until a site plan has been submitted.
- After you’ve created your request, if you need to go back into your permit on the portal please make sure that you are logged in and that you go to “my applications” to locate your pre-application request.
When all required materials are submitted, a planner will be assigned to review your proposal and schedule it to be reviewed with the DST members. The planner will let you know the time and date of the meeting. DST meetings typically take place every Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. in the Planning Conference Room on the 2nd floor of City Hall (129 N 2nd St). Each Pre-Application meeting will be scheduled at the start of DST and last a maximum of 30 minutes.
After your first meeting, you may determine that you would like a follow-up Pre-Application DST meeting. A fee of one-hundred dollars must be paid for a 2nd Pre-Application meeting. Please let your assigned planner know and they will arrange the meeting. It is not necessary to apply for a second pre-application meeting request on the public portal. You can pay the fee online by logging onto the portal and going to your original request under “my applications.” For questions regarding your permit number, please contact your assigned planner. You may also pay the fee at the Codes/Permitting counter on the 2nd floor of City Hall (129 N 2nd St, Yakima, WA 98901).
If you have questions regarding how to make a payment on the portal, please contact the City of Yakima Code Administration at (509) 575-6126 or email to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Any information or opinions expressed by the department staff shall not be binding on the administrative official or constitute approval of the project (YMC 15.11.060).