How to Provide Public Comment During Yakima City Council Meetings via Zoom
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 emergency, all Yakima City Council meetings are being conducted via Zoom.
Community members have the opportunity to provide public comment during a Council meeting via Zoom. Only public comment regarding an item on the Council’s meeting agenda for that day will be accepted.
If you want to provide public comment during a Council meeting, you need to submit a completed Public Comment Request Form no later than 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting at which you intend to provide public comment.
To sign up to provide public comment at the next Council meeting, complete and submit the Public Comment Request Form at the bottom of this page.
Public Comment Guidelines
- Only public comment regarding an item on the Council’s meeting agenda for that day will be accepted
- Community members who complete and submit a Public Comment Request Form by 3:00 pm on the day of a Council meeting will be called on by the Zoom host in the order in which forms are received
- Make sure your name or phone number is visible to the Zoom host so you can be called on to address the Council – When it is your turn to speak, the host will allow you to unmute your microphone and turn on your video
- Each speaker during public comment will be provided two-and-a-half minutes (2:30) to address the Council
- As many speakers as possible will be allowed to address the Council during the public comment period – However, if there are more speakers who complete and submit a Public Comment Request Form than can be accommodated during the public comment period, everyone who submitted a form may not be able to address the Council during a given Council meeting
- Council members will not respond to or interact with speakers during the public comment period – Council members will only listen during the public comment period but may direct City staff to follow up with speakers if necessary
- Public comment not related to an item on the Council’s meeting agenda, personal attacks, use of profanity, and use of derogatory or abusive language will not be allowed
- Public comment forms provided to the Council may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Washington State Public Records Act, RCW Chapter 42.56
Other Ways to Provide Public Comment to the Council
- Email the Council (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send comments by postal mail to the Council at 129 N. 2nd Street, Yakima, WA 98901
- Call 509-575-6050 (during business hours)
Other Ways to Watch Council Meetings
- All Council meetings are telecast live on Y-PAC, Spectrum Cable channel 194
- All Council meetings are live streamed at https://www.yakimawa.gov/council/live-stream/
- All Council meetings are replayed multiple times on Y-PAC, Spectrum Cable channel 194