Office of Neighborhood Development Services
“We’re Here to Help”
Our Mission is to assist in developing a viable community by providing decent, affordable housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities, principally for persons of low and moderate income.
Our goals to accomplish this mission are as follows:
- Provide customer service in a timely, courteous and efficient manner.
- Inform the public of various programs available to meet their needs by coordinating our efforts with other departments and divisions.
- Provide staff assistance and counsel to our bilingual community.
- Assist in the development of opportunities for first time home ownership, by providing technical assistance and/or partnering non-profit agencies in the creation of new, affordable homes.
- Assist eligible homeowners with Emergency repair of their homes, such as loss of power, water supply, heat and air conditioning. Other tasked may be provided if it is determined to endanger the health or safety of the homeowner.
- Provide counsel/printed documents in tenant/landlord problems with referrals as needed.
- Determine level of environmental review as required by CFR 24 58 per activity.
- Work with both title companies and lenders and the home buyers on various loan programs, determine affordability, and submit loan packages, with continuous maintenance of documents.
- Volunteer Group Assistance