Offices of Code Administration
The City of Yakima has partnered with the Washington State Department of Revenue, Business Licensing Service (BLS) for the administration of City business license applications and renewals. The City will continue to process and administer regulatory license applications and renewals. Visit our Business License page for City of Yakima licensing information.
Visit our Code Compliance page to find out more about the kind of neighborhood nuisances that our office addresses, and how to report a violation.
Online Permit Center
To schedule an inspection, please call the Inspection Scheduling Hotline at (509) 576-6682 or visit our Online Permit Center.
Visit our Permits page for your additional permit information.
Community Review Board
The next meeting of the Community Review Board (CRB) is on December 2, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. online via Zoom. Please click this URL to join: https://cityofyakima.zoom.us/s/99570273549?pwd=RHRLYkp3VWRXVDQyZzUwUjVKbWZUdz09
Webinar ID: 995 7027 3549
The meeting will also be recorded and posted on the Y-PAC website.
Mission Statement – Code Administration Division
The mission of the Code Administration Division is to provide exceptional service to the citizens of the City of Yakima relating to building construction, fire and life safety and land issues.
Our goals for the accomplishment of this mission are as follows:
- Provide customer service in a timely, courteous and efficient manner.
- Inform the public of various code requirements, by coordinating our efforts with other departments and divisions to insure prompt, accurate and consistent standards are met.
- Enforce all laws, rules and regulation relative to zoning, housing ,building, mechanical, plumbing, sign, fire prevention, life safety, construction codes and ordinances.
- Provide staff assistance and counsel to the Board of Appeals
- Perform other duties as may be directed by law and/or the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- To compile and maintain statistical information as they relate to City Licenses and Permits issued.
- To maintain and continue the technical and professional skills our staff has.
- To insure that the information relayed to the public is accurate and consistent with the codes administered within Washington State.