The mission of the Planning Division is to assist the residents of Yakima in the achievement of their personal and community development goals. We will provide this service on an individual and timely basis with a commitment to community values, ecological principles for protection of the environment, while evaluating competing priorities and interests.
Our goals for accomplishment of this mission are as follows:
- Provide superior public service in a responsive and courteous manner;
- Coordinate information and provide technical support to all other departments and City officials;
- Strive to arrive at decisions that will best serve the entire community and improve quality of life within our community;
- Implement the policies of the elected representatives of the City;
- Dedicate all of our professional and technical skills to the enhancement of the quality of life for every resident of the City of Yakima;
- Adhere to ecological principles for the protection of the natural environment, as well as preserve the heritage of and investment in the built environment;
- Systematically and critically analyze proposals related to land development and evaluate competing priorities and interests in order to provide recommendations for action.