Recruit Cluster Industries
No updates at this time.
Locate traded‐sector businesses that compliment yet diversify Yakima’s economic base.
Traded‐sector businesses produce and sell products and services outside of the area, thus bringing wealth to Yakima and hiring people to living‐wage, quality jobs. Plus, with a focused effort to target industries that diversify our local economy we will achieve more stability through economic cycles.
Tactics – Recruit Cluster Industries
- Determine target industries that are growing nationally, pay above Yakima’s median earnings, and fit with Yakima’s capabilities to serve competitively
- Define needs/requirements and priority location factors of target industries
- Gather corresponding data and build business case as to why Yakima is the location of choice for each target industry
- Write cases studies on local traded‐sector businesses of target industries to demonstrate how they are succeeding in Yakima
- Develop outreach plan to meet with businesses of target industries
- Engage lead generation firm
- Leverage Washington State Department of Commerce’s marketing efforts
Core Working Group – Recruit Cluster Industries
|Lead||Yakima County Development Association|
|Team||City of Yakima – Economic Development Department|
|Resources||Aerospace Futures Alliance
City of Yakima – Planning & Public Works
Commercial real estate developers, brokers and landowners
Inland Northwest Aerospace Consortium
Washington State Department of Commerce