No updates at this time.
Sustain and increase commercial airline service at the Yakima Airport (YKM).
To competitively meet the travel needs of business and residents, Yakima needs to continue efforts to expand air services – both frequency and additional destinations. Quality air service is critical to growing both the economy and local tourism. An active airport generates funds for airport operations, maintenance and capital expenditures. On top of these benefits, high quality and expanding air service helps Yakima make its mark on the national map as a significant regional center.
Tactics – Air Service
- Formalize airport sales team
- Research how competitors are organized, funding sources, and marketing strategies to support/expand commercial air service
- Investigate new funding sources to attract and retain commercial air service
- Nurture existing partnerships (Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, Virgin America)
- Consider incentive programs and package for targeting new destinations/carriers
- Continue FLY YKM marketing plan
Core Working Group – Air Service
|City of Yakima – Airport
|Air Service Development & Consulting: AirPlanners, LLC
City of Yakima – Economic Development Department
City of Union Gap
Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Yakima
Yakima Valley Tourism
|Federal Aviation Administration