Airport Business Growth
No updates at this time.
Locate a comprehensive supply chain of traded‐sector aviation companies and suppliers to prioritized sites adjacent to the Yakima Airport.
Yakima has limited sites to house traded‐sector businesses providing quality jobs. Sites near the Yakima Airport – some with direct access to runways – are even more rare, yet they offer a compelling benefit to aircraft and aerospace manufacturers seeking to test their products. Recruiting manufacturers provide more economic benefit to Yakima than hangers and other types of warehousing at the airport.
With the expansion of Cub Crafters, there is opportunity to further enhance Yakima’s retention magnetism by locating supporting suppliers for Cub Crafters and other related businesses. Building out a full aircraft cluster enhances their operations and is a strategic use of land, training resources and other key components of Yakima’s business case.
Tactics – Airport Business Growth
- Interview local aircraft and aerospace employers to
- Document their respective supply chain
- Identify target companies (suppliers)
- Learn what events and where they connect to other industry‐related companies
- Write cases studies on local aircraft/aerospace employers to demonstrate how they are succeeding in Yakima
- Define needs/requirements and priority location factors of target companies
- Gather corresponding data and build business case as to why Yakima is the location of choice for aircraft manufacturers and suppliers
- Also, includes potential customer base in region and logistics to existing customers from Yakima location
- Research source locations of target companies and prepare cost comparisons to Yakima‐based operations
- Develop outreach plan to meet with target businesses, involving local businesses for introductions
- Leverage Washington State Department of Commerce marketing to aircraft and aerospace manufacturers, including relevant industry conferences and tradeshows
- Leverage relevant Governor Missions
Core Working Group – Airport Business Growth
|City of Yakima – Economic Development Department, Airport
|City of Yakima – City Manager
City of Union Gap
Triumph Actuation Systems ‐ Yakima
Yakima County Development Association
|Aerospace Futures Alliance
Inland Northwest Aerospace Consortium
Federal Aviation Administration
Washington State Department of Commerce