Housing Action Plan
The City of Yakima is developing a Housing Action Plan to support and encourage new housing production to provide more housing choices and address local housing needs. This work will take place throughout 2020 and early 2021. It will consider the housing needs of current residents and workforce as well as projected future population growth. There are six primary objectives:
- A. Encourage diverse housing development within existing neighborhoods.
- B. Create and preserve affordable homes.
- C. Create homeownership opportunities for low- and moderate- income households.
- D. Support housing options that meet the diverse needs of older adults.
- E. Address the needs of those struggling with homelessness.
- F. Protect against displacement and poor housing conditions.
Keep Up To Date
- Council Packet – Housing Action Plan (includes YPC Findings and YPC Draft Recommended Housing Action Plan)- distributed May 18, 2021 for Council public hearing on June 1, 2021
- Draft Yakima Housing Action Plan, released April 2021 for YPC review
- Notice of Application, Environmental Review, Public Hearing, and DNS issued April 8, 2021
- Draft Strategy Categorization, December 11, 2020
- Housing Action Plan Survey Results, December 9, 2020
- Housing Policy Framework Evaluation, released in October 2020 for public review
- Preliminary Housing Needs Assessment, released in April 2020 for public review
- Introduction Presentation to City Council on December 5, 2019
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Participate
Public outreach and engagement will be a critical part of this planning process. Due to the current stay-at-home precautions due to COVID-19, in-person community engagement opportunities will be postponed until further notice. However, there are other ways to get engaged:
- Register for Council public hearing scheduled on June 1, 2021: https://www.yakimawa.gov/council/public-comment/
- View the YPC Public Hearing scheduled on April 28, 2021: http://videos.yakimawa.gov/CablecastPublicSite/show/10974?channel=2
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 575-6183 to provide comments and/or sign up to receive email announcements about this project.
- Stay tuned for more opportunities to share your perspective as this process continues.
Provide Comments on Housing Action Plan
Proporcione Comentarios Sobre el Plan de Acción de Viviendas:
A preliminary project schedule is shown below. Uncertainty regarding the length of the “stay at home” restrictions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus could impact the timeline and some milestones. Once these restrictions are lifted, we will share more details about community engagement activities.