Costumed trick-or-treaters will take to the streets of Yakima for an evening of fun and candy on Wednesday, October 31st.
Safety tips suggested by the Washington State Department of Health to help ensure your Halloween is a treat include:
- Replacing burned-out porch lights.
- Handing out healthier treats such as individual packages of raisins, trail mix, or pretzels.
- Making sure an adult accompanies children on their trick-or-treating rounds.
- Walking from house to house and not running. Don’t dart into streets. Cross streets only at intersections and crosswalks. Stop, look left, look right, then left again before crossing.
- Only visiting well-lit houses.
- Driving slowly, anticipating heavy pedestrian traffic and turning your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances. Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
For a full list of the Washington State Department of Health’s Halloween safety tips visit, https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/SpecialTopics/HalloweenSafety