The community will be able to provide live public comment during Yakima City Council meetings beginning with the regular meeting on Tuesday, February 2nd.
Council approved remote public comment during its meeting on Tuesday, January 19th.
Click Public Comment | City Council (yakimawa.gov) to find information and requirements for signing up to provide public comment. The link includes a Public Comment Request Form.
Requirements for remote public comment during regular City Council meetings include:
- Only public comment regarding an item on the Council’s regular meeting agenda for that day will be accepted.
- Community members who complete and submit a Public Comment Request Form by 3:00 pm on the day of a Council regular meeting will be called on by the Zoom host in the order in which forms are received.
- Make sure your name or phone number is visible to the Zoom host so you can be called on to address the Council. When it is your turn to speak, the host will allow you to unmute your microphone and turn on your video.
- Each speaker during public comment will be provided two-and-a-half minutes (2:30) to address the Council.
- A total of 35 minutes will be provided for public comment during Council regular meetings.
- As many speakers as possible will be allowed to address the Council during the 35-minute public comment period.
- Council members will not respond to or interact with speakers during the public comment period.
Regular City Council meeting agendas are typically available the Friday afternoon prior to the Tuesday meeting. Meeting agendas are posted online at Agendas and Minutes | City Council (yakimawa.gov)
Other options to provide public comment to the City Council include:
- Email the Council (preferred) at email@example.com
- Send comments by postal mail to
Yakima City Council
129 N. 2nd Street, Yakima, WA 98901
- Call 509-575-6050 (during business hours)
Yakima City Hall has been closed to the public since March 2020, when the state instituted safety protocols due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, City Council meetings are not open for public attendance in person. Meetings since then have been held via telephone and Zoom.
Visit https://www.yakimawa.gov/media/points-of-interest/online-city-services/ for options to connect with City departments online and by phone.