The Yakima City Council held a regular business meeting yesterday, Tuesday, January 16th.
Action by the Council on January 16th included:
- Approving a resolution declaring an emergency due to an impending landslide.
- Issuing a proclamation for Martin Luther King, Jr. Week.
- Approving a resolution to accept a SAFER grant and increase the number of fulltime firefighters by 3.
- Authorizing an agreement with YPAL to provide evidence-based programming and activities for 2018 at the Washington Fruit Community Center.
- Agreeing to discontinue efforts for the Yakima Business Incubator project.
Follow this link to watch Yakima Public Affairs Channel (Y-PAC) coverage of the January 16th meeting – http://bit.ly/2DHmiA4
Yakima City Council meetings air live on Charter Cable Channel 194. The January 16th meeting will be replayed at 7:00 pm tonight, January 17th. The meeting will be shown again at 9:00 am on the following Saturday and Sunday, January 20th and 21st.
It is also available on the City of Yakima website – http://www.yakimawa.gov/.
The Council’s next regular business meeting will be at 6:00 pm Tuesday, February 6th.
The meeting will be in Council Chambers at Yakima City Hall, 129 North Second Street.