On Friday, September 24th, the Washington State Department of Health announced it would begin administering Pfizer COVID-19 booster doses to certain groups.
Individuals in these groups can receive a booster dose after at least six months have passed since completing their primary Pfizer vaccine series:
• People 65 of age and older,
• People 18 years of age and older living in a long-term care setting,
• People 50-64 years of age with underlying medical conditions or those at increased risk of social inequities,
• People who are 18-49 years of age with underlying medical conditions, and
• People 18-64 years of age who are at higher risk of COVID-19 exposure and transmission due to their occupational or institutional setting.
Yakima Health District’s mobile vaccine teams have begun administering Pfizer booster doses. Individuals can find a list of locations at YakimaVaccines.org. At this time, the booster recommendation is only for those individuals who received the Pfizer vaccine. No recommendations have been made for people who received the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine.