“Itty Bitty” Soccer and Aqua Zumba are just a few of the seasonal offerings available in the 2018 Summer Program Guide issued this week by Yakima Parks and Recreation.
The guide will be arriving in mailboxes soon and is now available at Yakima Parks and Recreation offices (2301 Fruitvale Boulevard), as well as online at http://bit.ly/Summer18Guide
“Aqua Zumba gives new meaning to the idea of an invigorating workout,” said Parks and Recreation Manager Ken Wilkinson. “This water-based workout includes cardio-conditioning, body-toning and, most of all, it is exhilarating!”
The “Itty Bitty Intro to Soccer” for 4-year-old children is an instructional program that Yakima Parks and Recreation is offering this summer. “This is an exciting environment where kids can experience sports for the first time, learn about teamwork, and gain valuable social skills,” Wilkinson said.
The 16-page Summer Program Guide also includes information about:
- Summer softball tournaments and leagues.
- Several traditional and nontraditional sports camps.
- Lessons ranging from swimming to tennis to golf.
- Schedules for Viva La Musica and the Summer Sunset Concert Series, as well as the Outdoor Summer Cinema Series.
- A Lego tournament at the City’s Harman Center.
- Golf tournaments/special events for all ages at the City’s Fisher Park Golf Course.
For more information about City of Yakima organized summer activities, click the link above or call Yakima Parks and Recreation at 575-6020.