The Yakima Health District received news that the Washington State Department of Health has approved additional services to the county’s modified phase 1 “Roadmap to Recovery” plan.
The Yakima Health District worked with the Department of Health to develop this “Roadmap to Recovery” for Yakima County as an alternative to the Safe Start Washington Plan.
As Yakima County continues to see its metrics move closer to the goal’s set forward for the Safe Start Washington Plan, additional services have been approved. While Governor Inslee put an indefinite hold on movement through the Safe Start Washington Plan, Yakima County has been approved for limited additional services through its “Roadmap to Recovery”.
Effective August 27, 2020, the following services will be approved and/or expanded:
• Small outdoor group gatherings of 5 or less people from outside of the household, once per week
• Outdoor fitness classes of 5 or less according to Phase 2 Guidance
• Outdoor Card Rooms, 50 or less according to Phase 2 Guidance
• Gymnastics, according to State Guidance
• Indoor Dining, 25% capacity, according to Phase 2 Guidance
• Indoor Religious Services, 25% capacity, or a maximum of 50 people whichever is less and up to 200 allowed for outdoor services
• Concession stands at drive-in theater with proper masking and distancing
• In-house domestic services, according to Phase 2 Guidance
• Professional services, 25% capacity, up to 30 minutes
• In-store retail, up to 30% capacity
• Photography, according to Phase 2 guidance
• Real estate, 25% of building capacity limited to 30 minutes indoor
Full guidance for each of these activities can be accessed on the Safe Start Yakima website.
A reminder that all businesses are required to sign a business pledge stating they will follow all COVID-19 guidance and submit a plan to the Chamber of Commerce prior to opening. Restaurants and churches that previously filled out the pledge must update their plan and pledge in accordance with the new guidance. Access the pledge and other free reopening resources for businesses here.