Due to inclement weather, most City of Yakima facilities will close at 4:00 pm today, which is earlier than usual. A winter storm warning issued this morning is currently expected to remain in effect until 10:00 pm today.
Additionally, sleet and freezing rain predicted for this evening and overnight may result in some City of Yakima facilities opening later than usual on Thursday, February 9th in order to allow Streets Division crews adequate time to make local roadways as safe as possible for drivers.
The following City of Yakima facilities may be affected by later opening times on February 9th:
– Yakima City Hall – (129 N. 2nd Street)
– Yakima Public Works Facility – (2310 Fruitvale Boulevard)
– Richard A. Zais, Jr. Law & Justice Center – (200 S. 3rd Street)
* Yakima Municipal Court would not be affected by a delayed opening time of the Law & Justice Center – Yakima Municipal Court will open as usual at 8:00 am
– Harman Senior Center – (101 N. 65th Avenue)
– Lion’s Pool – (509 W. Pine Street)
– YCTV/Y-PAC – (124 S. 2nd Street)
Yakima Transit routes and Yakima Refuse Division routes may be delayed as well. Updates regarding Yakima Transit routes and Yakima Refuse Division routes will be provided as appropriate.
Should delayed opening times for the facilities listed above be implemented, notice will be provided on the front page of the City of Yakima website (yakimawa.gov) in the “City News” section, on the Official City of Yakima Facebook page, and on the Official City of Yakima Twitter feed.
Community members and City employees are encouraged to look at posts on the City’s various communications platforms and pay attention to local media reports to receive notice of delayed opening times on Thursday, February 9th for the City of Yakima facilities listed above.