As a result of inclement weather, some City of Yakima facilities will be opening later than usual on Thursday, February 9th in order to allow Streets Division crews adequate time to make local roadways as safe as possible for drivers.
The following City of Yakima facilities will not open until 10:00 am Thursday:
– Yakima City Hall – (129 N. 2nd Street)
– Yakima Public Works Facility – (2310 Fruitvale Boulevard)
– Richard A. Zais, Jr. Law & Justice Center – (200 S. 3rd Street)
* Yakima Municipal Court is not affected by the delayed opening time of the Law & Justice Center – Yakima Municipal Court will open as usual at 8:00 am
– Harman Senior Center – (101 N. 65th Avenue)
– Lion’s Pool – (509 W. Pine Street)
– YCTV/Y-PAC – (124 S. 2nd Street)
Yakima Transit routes will also not begin running until 10:00 am. The Yakima-Ellensburg Commuter will be delayed as well. The Commuter will depart the Yakima Airport for the first time today at 9:20 am and will leave the SURC building in Ellensburg for the first time at 12:45 pm today.
Community members should be aware that the City facilities listed above will not open for normal business until 10:00 am Thursday.
City employees assigned to the facilities listed above do not need to report to work until 10:00 am Thursday unless directed to do so by an appropriate supervisor.
Should additional adjustments need to be made to the 10:00 am delayed opening time for the facilities listed above, notice will be provided on the front page of the City of Yakima website (yakimawa.gov) in the “City News” section, on the Official City of Yakima Facebook page, and on the Official City of Yakima Twitter feed.
Community members and City employees are encouraged to look at posts on the City’s various communications platforms and pay attention to local media reports to receive notice of any necessary changes to opening times on Thursday, February 9th for the City of Yakima facilities listed above.