Residents in a City of Yakima neighborhood will have the opportunity for some spring cleaning this Saturday, March 25th, during a free Community Cleanup event.
Households located from East R Street to East Yakima Avenue and between Front Street and North 10th Street can participate in a free cleanup from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm this Saturday. Residents in this area can bring their items to temporary collection sites at Barge Lincoln Elementary School, 219 East I Street, and the Old Mill (corner of East H Street and North 6th Street), where large dumpsters will be available for the clean-up activity.
No commercial waste, construction or demolition debris, concrete, or hazardous waste will be accepted at the temporary disposal site. No loads will be accepted after 12:00 pm Saturday.
Volunteers will also drive trucks through the neighborhood from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm to assist with properly disposing of trash, brush and other bulky items.
- Each household will be limited to no more than two tires (passenger car and small truck tires only).
- No household hazardous waste will be accepted during the cleanup event.
- Friday evening or early Saturday morning before 8:00 am, gather the items you want to dispose of and stack them in separate piles in the alley adjacent to your home. If your home does not have an alley, then place your items next to the curb by the street.
- Items not at the curb by 8:00 am Saturday, March 25th, or blocked will not be picked up.
- If you do not live in the area referenced above please do not set items out.
The community cleanup is sponsored by City of Yakima Public Works Department, OIC of Washington, Poor Boys Auto Wrecking, Yakima County, Yakima Waste Systems, The Heights Church, Safe Yakima and Champions Centre.
Click City of Yakima Refuse Division Homepage (yakimawa.gov) for more about the City’s Refuse Division.