The “Fighting for Dignity and Justice for All March” is planned for Wednesday, May 1st. It will begin and end at Miller Park (502 N. 4th Street).
The march will begin at 6:00 pm on Wednesday at Miller Park. Organizers anticipate about 300 participants in the march.
The march will head south on 3rd Street and proceed along the following route:
– Turn left at the intersection of 3rd Street and East Yakima Avenue (heading east)
– Turn right on South Naches Avenue (heading south)
– Turn right on East Chestnut Avenue (heading west)
– Turn right at North 1st Street (heading north)
– Turn right on East F Street (heading east)
– End at Miller Park
Three stops are planned in Downtown Yakima along the route: The Tower Building (402 E. Yakima Avenue), the William O. Douglas Federal Building (25 S. 3rd Street), and the Yakima County Courthouse (128 N. 2nd Street).
The march is expected to last approximately one hour.
The event will have rolling road closures provided by the City of Yakima Police Department, with officers stopping traffic at intersections as participants pass those locations.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area of the event.