The calendar may be turning to February this week, but it’s time to think spring for City of Yakima Parks and Recreation programs.
Registration is underway now for spring activities for all ages. They include:
- Youth Soccer Camp for children ages four to seven at Chesterley Park from April 2nd through April 4th.
- Beginner Pee Wee T-ball for children ages four and five at Kiwanis Park from March 27th through April 24th. The 4-game season is intended to prepare children for regular season T-ball or Coach Pitch leagues.
- The first-ever April Pools Day at Lions Pool from 1:00 to 3:00 pm on Saturday, April 6th. The free event features water safety training, a free swim and a raffle for free life jackets.
- The Egg Hunt/Candy Dash on Saturday, April 20th at The Yakima Fieldhouse indoor facility, 1015 East Lincoln Avenue, Suite 105. Pre-registration is required for the event, which also includes pictures with the Easter Bunny, music and bouncy houses.
- Lifeguard training class from March 26th through May 23rd at Lions Pool, 509 West Pine Street. The classes are 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- In addition, registration for men’s and women’s summer softball leagues is March 25th through April 8th.
Information about City of Yakima Parks and Recreation programs is available at https://yakimaparks.com/ or by calling 575-6020.