The Yakima City Council held a regular meeting yesterday, Tuesday, July 16th.
Action by the Council yesterday included:
- Authorizing a contract with Yakima Housing Authority for $1.1 million of HOME Investment funds to assist with redevelopment and construction of the Veteran’s Supportive Housing & Service Center project in the former Armory at 1702 Tahoma Avenue.
- Approving a grant application to the Federal Aviation Administration for capital improvement projects at Yakima Air Terminal-McAllister Field.
- Approving one-way restrictions on Fairbanks Avenue between North 6th Avenue and Custer Avenue, and Jerome Avenue between Campbell Lane and North 6th Avenue.
- Directing staff to schedule meetings with U.S. Representative Dan Newhouse, Senator Patty Murray, and Senator Maria Cantwell to discuss ICE detainee flights at the Yakima airport.
- Forming a council ad-hoc committee consisting of Mayor Kathy Coffey, Assistant Mayor Dulce Gutierrez and Councilmember Brad Hill to review the hiring process for the Assistant City Manager and City Manager positions.
Last night’s meeting will air on Yakima Public Affairs Channel (Y-PAC), Charter Cable Channel 194, at 7:00 pm tonight, Wednesday.
Follow this link to watch Y-PAC coverage of the July 16th meeting on-line – http://videos.yakimawa.gov/CablecastPublicSite/show/9344?channel=2
The Council will hold a special agenda preview meeting at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, July 23rd.
The next City Council regular meeting will be at 5:30 pm on Monday, August 5th.
Both meetings will be in Council Chambers at Yakima City Hall, 129 North 2nd Street. They will also air live on Y-PAC and be streamed live at https://www.yakimawa.gov/council/live-stream/